The settlement Štrigova is the administrative centre of the municipality and is located along the border with Slovenia. Štrigova is 19 kilometers away from Čakovec. According to the latest census in 2011, 447 inhabitants live in the settlement.
Štrigova, a former Roman site, was mentioned in documents from the 13th century. In the 14th century, the fort on the hill Štrigovčak was mentioned together with the parish church of St. Mary Magdalene. In the 15th century, Count Friedrich of Celje ordered the construction of a wooden pilgrimage church on the site of the present church of St. Jerome. During the reign of the Zrinskis, Štrigova was one of the important places in Međimurje because of the fort and because it had the status as a market town. It was considered an important place for crafts and a centre for wine growing in Međimurje in that period. In 1598, Štrigova had 24 lords of the manor, and in 1638, there were 81 lords of the manor.
The above mentioned churches are landmarks of Štrigova, and it should be noted that the church of St. Jerome has frescoes by Croatian baroque painter Ivana Ranger. Furthermore, in Štrigova there is a tradition of winemaking and the village is one of the stations on the Medimurje Wine Road. Accordingly, additional tourist attractions are related to wine production. There is the annual event Urbanovo where winemakers present their wines.