Lapšina is located within the municipality of Sveti Martin na Muri. The settlement is 9 kilometers from Mursko Središće, and it is situated along the Mura River. According to the latest census in 2011, 155 inhabitants live in the settlement.
Lapšina was mentioned as Lapsia in the work of the Hungarian historians in the late 15th century. During the reign of the Zrinskis, Nikola Mlakovački (Mlakoczy), a friend and a personal advisor to Juraj Zrinski IV, the commander of the fort of Bajcsa and a commander of the garrison in Čakovec, built a fort in Lapšina. The fort was ravaged by the Rákóczi troops in the early 18th century. In 1720 the castle was in the possession of Baron Laurentius de Berlendis. It was leased during the time of Marquis de Prie. The Villages of Jurovec, Bukovje and a part of the village Gibina also belong to the feudal property. Marquise de Prie bought of the estate for 16.000 forints from Baron Balthazar Patačić. After the reconstruction during the time of the counts of Althan, the fort was broken down in the first half of the 20th century. Only the foundation remains.
Lapšina is one of the most attractive tourist places in Međimurje. The settlement is situated along the Mura River. Nearby there is the Spa & Sport Resort of St. Martin.